The March Meeting Will Be At The Indianapolis Propylaeum – 1410 N. Delaware – Tuesday March 6th At 6PM – No Board Meeting – Board Meetings Will Be Held On A Different Day For The Rest Of The Year So All Board Members Can Attend.
Speaker Will Be Brian Morrison From Illinois – If You Don’t Think Is Program Is Significant Ask Yourself One Question – Do You Have All Of The Business You Need, Or Could You Use A Few More Clients This Year??
Brian Morrison is the owner of Brian Morrison Photography, located in Glenview, IL, a northern suburb of Chicago. Brian’s primary areas of work includes weddings, events, portraits and commercial. His corporate clients have included numerous Fortune 500 companies across a wide range of industries. Brian’s personal and business philosophy is that every client deserves great light in their photos.
Brian received his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Chicago. He is a Certified Professional Photographer and currently serves on the executive board of the Professional Photographers Association of Northern Illinois (PPANI). His work has won awards including numerous Best of Show and best of category, and a 2011 Kodak Gallery Award. Brian was named an Illinois Top 10 Photographer of the year and received the Northern Achievement Award for Photographic Excellence from PPANI in 2011, the highest award that the assocation confers for success in photographic competition.
Most photographers who have even a passing interest in their online presence have heard of WordPress, the popular “blog” platform. If you think it’s just a blog, you’re missing out – it would be much more accurate to think of WordPress as a complete solution for your entire website. An increasing number of photographers (as well as many businesses in other industries) are turning to WordPress to be the backbone of their online presence, replacing their current websites with ones that are more secure, easier to manage, and easier to update with new content and features.
During this program, you can learn:
• Just what is WordPress, anyways? And how do I set it up?
• Why our current Flash-based websites are quickly becoming a relic of the past.
• What are “themes” and how do I find one that works for me and my business?
• What is “open source” software? Why would I want to use it?
• What are “plugins”, and how do I use them in my website? Can you tell us some good ones?
• How do I navigate the administrative “back end” of the site and work with my content?
• Easy to implement backup solutions that protects your content from data loss.
• How do I move my current site to WordPress?
• How do I integrate my WordPress site with Facebook, Twitter and Google+?
• Why a WordPress site can be very good for search engine rankings.
• What if I don’t think I can handle this by myself?
• Watch as we build a new, custom site in real time!
This One is A Full Meal!! So As We Agreed At The Last Couple Of Meetings This One IS $35 For Members $65 For Non-Members
Choose From The Following
Mango Glazed Pork Loin
Linguini with Roasted Veggies
Fresh Green Beans
Roasted Red Potatoes
Mini Cup Cake
ice tea, coffee, lemonade
Cash bar for $5 wine and $5 Beer